Thursday, January 12, 2012

Combination of Blogs & Nannying


So as you might see, I have decided that one blog is all I can handle so I have brought the tabs from Mrs. Baby Guru over to this one and now all falls under Mrs. Wysiwyg. I know it seems as if I am constantly revamping myself and my schedule and one day I hope to finally come upon something that works for me, but this blog is as much for my own sorting and sanity as it is a little candlelight for others on my life as it is...

I can't for the life of me let go of the need to bring in some income...at least to cover my own personal expenses and help the family a little. I also can't let go of the need to surround myself with little children and invest in their lives and souls...so I have been working hard over the last couple of weeks on a packet to give to parents offering "in my home child care" at an amazingly reasonable price...it is both to be a ministry and a little money in my pocket.

We have considered adoption and foster care and the thing that keeps impressing on my heart is the need to impact LOTS of kiddos...if we adopt, we won't have as broad an affect as if we care for babies through elementary kids for as long as we are able...I can't forget the dream I had as a teenager to have 12 children...my poor husband can't quite wrap his mind around this dream, but I feel like Jesus might want us to open our home to children who need a place to go while their parents are at work. This gives us the opportunity to touch many children's lives throughout our lifetime...

Our home and its upkeep was what was blocking this dream as becoming a reality...the children and their chores were not getting done the way I wanted and I was both frustrated and stressed...until I decided I would be responsible for the tidying, basic cleaning in all the main areas in our home, namely our 2 living areas, our kitchen and laundry area and our main bathroom (as well, of course, as our bedroom) and in charge of the majority of cooking...the children would then only be responsible for their rooms and their laundry and special chores that we ask of them...this has made me so much happier...since I work on the home now on a daily basis, the upkeep is simple and our home stays company-ready...

The plan for children to be cared for and taught in our home has delighted me in that I will get to both work out of my home and share my home with others (a dream I have had for years)...and now that my home is tidier on a daily basis means more entertaining...

I still am going to be baking and crafting to sell, but now the baking will be part of the sensory experiences I do with the children and crafting will be done side by side with the children I care for as I teach them using children's books as an art inspiration....

Needless to say, I am very excited to see what Jesus will do...through my blogs, the curriculum I have put together and the past 10 years of hands-on child care, I have been able to come up with a concise and very understandable view on caring for and teaching little children and its implementation...all things that Christ has worked in me and I am seeing its fruit more than ever now...so thankful!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..