Monday, April 23, 2012

The Art of Hubby Massage


I try to give my husband a full body massage every day and through the direction of an occupational therapist, my OCD and I have joined forces in making it someone of an art...

I do the back side, then have him roll over and do the front side:

I start with his legs and use Eucerin lotion...about 5 pumps up the bottom half of his leg, then I rub in an upward motion toward his heart, then move to the next leg...

Next I massage the upper half of his legs, one side at a time, again a circular motion in the direction of his heart

Next, his bottom or crotch and lower tummy area, which I massage in a circular motion towards the heart...

Then I move to his back or tummy and one side at a time, rub from the spine or middle section outwards, at least twice up and down each side...then, from the edges of his back or side, I push back into his spine or middle section, at least twice up and down each side...then starting at the bottom of the spine or middle section, I massage straight up the center in an upward circular motion 3 to 5 times in each spot...

Next his shoulders, neck and head...pulling towards the heart until he is relaxed

Last some major lymph nodes are located under the arm and I rub in a circular motion under each arm about 7 to 10 times

This whole process helps eliminate toxins from the lymph nodes throughout the body...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..