Thursday, June 14, 2012

"They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs"

Matthew 27:55 says, "Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for his needs."

I have always thought it so precious that although most of the disciples fled when Jesus was captured, the women stayed and watched their Lord..

As I looked up various versions of the above verse, these were interpretations for how these women took care of Jesus while He was on Earth..serve him, care for his needs, ministering to him, helped him, supported him..

Last night I went through some heart agonizing and was so glad that I went to Jesus with it instead of bottling it all up inside, which is my habit..

I read the verse above and realize that as I have needs and need to go to my Everlasting Comfort, that He has needs as well, that I need to be there for Him too..

Two needs that stand out to me so clearly for both of us are adoration & communication..
"Day after day I was there, with my joyful applause, always enjoying his company,
Delighted with the world of things and creatures, happily celebrating the human family." Proverbs 8:31

The third is this caring for His needs, ministering, helping, supporting..hear His words, "that was me - you did it to me."!!!!!: "'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'" Matthew 25:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..