Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Home, Homemaking and Quick Recipes from the Pantry

the Coziness of Colonial Homes

I am finally being able to settle back down and do some blogging. So, so much has been going on in our little corner of the world. We are remodeling our bathroom, some of our kitchen, and adding a walk way out front. This is so exciting for me, because it is in my own, married home - something I waited for 35 years for!!!  Our bathroom: multiple colors of gray in the tile accompanied by terracotta/blush paint on the walls and a white square sink. Our kitchen:  a new stainless steel sink with gray tile around it and a beautiful gray tiled backsplash. Pictures coming soon.

Another reason for the lack of blog posts, is that juggling four blogs has been too much and has taken away from my career. I am finally settled in the knowledge that  being a housewife is both a career and what my husband loves for me to do. I read a little snippet about how the home should be managed as a business and this gave me the dignity I needed to both be proud and take seriously the gentle art of homemaking and lovemaking. I will continue with Mrs. Wysiwyg, so stay tuned to this blog for updates on the Chandler's life.

I made two dinners this week that I wanted to share with you. We are trying to use up lots of our pantry food before we grocery shop again. These are things that I can always keep on hand and are great for impromptu dinner guests.  


1) Cream of Chicken Soup, add half cream/half water to make this rich and yummy with lots of garlic powder and some steak seasoning 2) Cheese Toast, 1/2 stick of butter on a cookie sheet in oven, lay 12 pieces of bread on the melted butter, broil til toasted, turn over, broil for a few seconds then sprinkle with grated cheese and melt under broiler.  3) Salad, I simply cut up romaine hearts and offer various dressings

1) Frito Pie, heat Wolf Brand Chili and serve over Fritos and top with grated cheese 2) Salad, I simply cut up romaine hearts and offer various dressings

1 comment:

  1. Creative, tasty, thrifty, sexy, cozy, happy... what more needs to be said about my life? I am a blessed man.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile..