Sunday, September 16, 2012

Home in Him


I was worshiping last night on my way home from visiting my little 5 year old kitty boy, Toby. I was listening to an old Cynthia Clawson CD. It was an awesome time of wailing my heart out. Two songs that really touched me were "Softly and Tenderly" and "I Heard About A Man." Both of these songs stress that Jesus is calling us to come home to Him and that he want to make His home with us.

My love of home, the safety, the comfortable-ness, the place where I can be completely true to who I am, this is the kind of life Jesus wants with us. He is crying from the portals for us to enter into a jolly and comfy, cozy relationship with Him ~ being in the freedom that we were originally made to live in.

He wants to have a deep conversation dinner with us over candlelight and wine. He wants to know our hearts and our struggles and to help us. His desire for us to not choose hurtful choices is not to control us but instead to free us to be hearty, healthy, and happy. 

Holiness is freedom. This is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. Much deception has led us to believe that doing good is drab, boring. But, Jesus tells us to go and sin no more in order that we may regain our original power and Eden-joy that we were never meant to lose. Sin is the chains.

images from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..