Monday, December 12, 2011

Priorities Revisited Again...

Prioritizing is a must these days: I get torn between so many things: family, crafting, blogging, housework...and I am finally coming up with a plan.


#1 Priority: Christ: I am currently reading a book about recovering from the paralysis of self analysis and the quote at the beginning of the book is written by Oswald Chambers and says: "Transact business on the grounds of the Redemption and leave yourself resolutely alone." All that encompasses my life is wrapped up in the new creation I am because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for me. I know longer look to myself for life and help, but to Jesus alone who is my life and my goodness. My Husband maybe it's wrong to share the same allegiance for Christ with my husband, but I can't help it...he is the person that I can touch and see that I am going to spend the rest of my life with; nurturing our marriage is as crucial to me as the air I breath and the water I drink.




#2 Priority: Our Children: my sister, my six stepkids and the little ones to come (yes, I am believing that we will have more little ones). I have embraced these sweeties from the time I met each of them! However, it has taken me about a year to adjust to having a full brood of children. But now, I have taken the gift of being a mommy and all that entails and feel kinda like Mary who upon seeing what a treasure her Son was to so many "kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself." Luke 2:19 (the Message). Indeed, finally, after waiting so long: "God nests the once barren woman (me) at home— now a joyful mother with children!" Psalm 113:9 (Common English Bible)


#3 Priority: Writing & Correspondence: I adore it and I despise it...it alternately makes me immensely satisfied and down-right crazy...but I am called to it and now realize the only two ways for me to accomplish my faithfulness to the call is to scratch in my notebook each time a topic implants on my brain and heart, then to turn around and write about it on my blogs each morning with coffee before doing anything else...as well, maintaining relationships through the old-fashioned art of letter writing, of course it will be modernized some through email, texts and comments, but none the less...it is a prime way to cultivate and maintain deep friendships...


#4 Priority: Cooking, Cleaning, Tidying: Being an artist and having to produce, it is impossible for me to keep my home clean and tidy on a regular basis...I really have just claimed areas that I am determined to keep tidy, namely our bedroom, my cozy cube (see, I have this area that I have claimed as my work space and entertaining area and due to the fact that I love my husband's creative cubicle at work, I wanted one and my little space is about the size of his so I call it my cozy cube), our bathroom and the kitchen....all is pretty simple to keep up except for the kitchen...I get overwhelmed and dread the kitchen cleanup...but I feel bad asking anyone else to do it because it is such a yucky job...and due to the fact that Cooking is a gift I am called to and delight in giving my family, I try to keep up with the kitchen as well...I cook four dinners a week and always make extras so we always have left overs for the other days of the week...


#5 Priority: Crafting, Vintage Finding and Upcycling is a new and exciting venture I have taken on and the creations I am producing are in themselves little life delights ...you know those Pier One commercials where the actual store treasures call out to the shoppers, this is what I feel like my little creations and vintage finds do to me. They ring with glee and cause me to smile...and I love the imaginative juices that flow as I research and find new inspirations...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..