Thursday, February 16, 2012

An Even Better Budget


So excited!!!! I have worked at budgeting so much that I have found a way to supply our family's (6 sometimes 7 adult-sized people ) groceries, toiletries and cleaning supplies on $500/month. Today I shopped with $200 and bought all the food we would need...I think over the next couple of weeks, I will use the additional $50 for laundry soap, toilet paper and vitamins...

Some hints: I have discovered that these dinners are very inexpensive and great for fitting in once a week or every other week:

1) scrambled eggs with garlic salt and toast & butter
2) over easy eggs and oatmeal with butter, milk and brown sugar
3) baked potatoes, a tab of butter and canned chili
4) popcorn, butter & seasonings and fruit juice
5) canned tomato or cream of chicken soup made with milk & grilled cheese
6) toast with peanut butter & jam and fruit

So I try to always have the ingredients for these in my pantry and frig and then I plan a variety of 4 big dinners with enough for leftovers to have during these 2 weeks...

Another treat I found today, as I was starving after shopping, was to go to Wendy's and buy two 99 cents items: I loved what I chose and it didn't make me feel fat, just satisfied...I picked the Monterrey Ranch Chicken Sandwich and a small Frosty...so on those days I have to eat out, this is what my $2.14 is gonna go towards...

I am going to offer the suggestion to my husband that on days that we eat out that we either choose from the dollar menu at Wendy's or get 99 cent tacos at Taco Casa...that is a really good way to save money as well, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..