Saturday, February 4, 2012

Seasons & Holidays & Home


"Wrestling the stroller through the door, I was hit with the ecclesiastically grubby smell of incense. Everything in the store was dusty and slightly off plumb. The magazine racks tilted; the books were piled haphazardly; the posters of chakras and mushrooms and stars were at various subtle angles." ~ Claire Dederer in Poser...My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses.

So I love this homey sounding shop and love that it is "dusty and slightly off plumb" and pictures are hung "at various subtle angles." A lived in home is the only kind I want to occupy and claim as mine...and that means that it will sometimes be dusty, and not everything will be straight and perfect. A home slightly off plumb is a home where "it is dirty enough to be happy and clean enough to be healthy"

The chakras and mushrooms and stars reminded me of my love of seasons and holidays and below is an example of how to accent for seasons and holidays prettily and simply...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..