Monday, July 23, 2012

Movie Club: Bertie & Elizabeth

 Oh dear, didn't realize the movie started at 5 central time and so started watching Elizabeth and Bertie half way in..after the movie, my hubby filled me in on their story. The couple, being present with the common people..reminiscent of Diana days. Their marital devotion..love how when Elizabeth is wishing that her hubby would work, drink, smoke less, she doesn't nag but does state, "I still can worry about you." Dear, so dear. 
This film brought back fantastic memories of my Aunt Janet who would have loved the sweetness and strength of the actress (Juliet Aubrey) as she portrayed Elizabeth. In my aunt's library were pictorial biographies of Princess Diana, Jackie Kennedy, Grace Kelly, Katharine Hepburn, & Audrey Hepburn. Great ladies. 
Oh, and the king and his stuttering..have had that kind of agonizing in dreams..seems that at intense, sometimes dangerous times, I can mouth the words but sound won't come out..a state full of frustration and sometimes horror. 
I will be looking for this movie to show again on Ovation or maybe I can check it out at the library so I can see the whole thing. It was delightful and now I want to read The Windsor Story by J. Bryan III & Charles J.V, Murphy.
image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..