Saturday, December 31, 2011

Foster Care Adoption


We have been considering foster care adoption and the first thing on my agenda is to get the home tidy enough for a home visit and for more kiddos. Our children have delighted me in their willingness and application of the chores I have asked them to help with...our home is staying much neater...not perfect, but in a family of 7 that is not a livable solution...as my mother-in-law's plaque says, "My home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy! " I love this!

I have requested information from 2 different foster care adoption agencies. For a long time, I really wanted a baby...but Jesus has opened my heart to children that are not still babies as well...I have seen a couple of sibling groups that have melted my heart already and I am nervous and can't wait to see what will happen for our family...

I am just so thankful that I finally have the nerve to ask our children to help with the home...for so long I didn't want them to think that I was a mean stepmother here to take over...but because of mutual love and respect, we all know that we have each others' backs and are on each others' sides...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..