Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Becoming Marmie ~ Baby Eliott, Key Books in My Life, Rejuvenation for a Drop & Run Life...


I became a grandma on Friday, March 2nd...my new sweet baby is Commodore Eliott, born to my son and daughter-in-law...the tiniest baby I have ever held...he was a month premature, but is in great health and mommy and baby got to go home yesterday... my new name is Marmie taken from the mama in Little Women.



I saw the movie, "I Don't Know How She Does It", got the book and also got the book Kisses from Katie about a missionary from Uganda. Learning 2 key things from these books: 1) life is all about love, unconditional love...people not projects, 2) I am to live a very full life, constantly going, going until I crash and many times by the seat of my pants...loose schedules if any schedule at all...availability....drop and run...


The getting up in the morning has been my hardest challenged and yes, I do depend a lot on caffeine throughout the day...what I will do if I am ever not allowed to have caffeine, I don't know...yesterday, I set up my electric kettle next to my bed and brought instant coffee, sweet and low, and french vanilla powdered creamer into my room too...before I went to bed last night I put all three into a mug and when my alarm went off this morning, I turned the kettle (full of water) on and snoozed for 10 more minutes...when I woke up the water was hot and I poured it into my mug, stirred it and was able to get through my first cup without leaving the bed...it really helped...


Another thing that I am really purposing to do to keep my energy through the day (in addition to caffeine and vitamins and fruit juice) is yoga...2 things with yoga: 1) I have come up with a fast and thorough (at least for my body) sequence that can be done in times of tiredness and stress to rejuvenate and refresh, 2) one thing with yoga is the encouragement to set an intention each time I practice and as I go through my day and take the time to RESET my purposes and goals throughout the days...



Also, shower and jumps in the pool (soon the weather will permit) are great ways of reviving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..