Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blog Babies


I have felt a direction to simplify life...and in this simplifying, I have started 2 new, more focused blogs...Sweetened Condensed Milk which is my response to the deliciousness of WORDS found in books, in conversation, etc. and Baking & Babies which is my Kid's Ministry...I thought I was going to have to give up this blog...and was grieving over it...just like Cyndy Szekeres, children's illustrator and author, says, "So, author/illustrator. . . . Here I am . . . my books, my book. It's like having a baby! "Morning sickness" most definitely! "I can not do this." "Oh, yes I can!" "Blegh!" Next, the first kick. "It's alive!" Then, labor, much labor, "aagh!" and finally birth!

These blogs are my babies...they are the tail of my heart, a term I heard used of the tongue in the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and which I now apply as well to the keyboard & pen.

This blog is going to be my overflow, my Menagerie of ideas that must be expressed but do not fit into the neat piles of the other 2 blogs ~ more like a stream of consciousness...so it will continue to be me beating out my sometimes confusing, sometimes repetitive and sometimes monotonous ideas, but somehow the soul is refined and clarity comes through this incessant process...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..