Saturday, June 23, 2012

Imagination

Imagination! We encourage this in our kiddos. Artists are constantly tapping into this. It is the cornerstone of creativity and the building block of civilizations. The Bible puts some parameters around imagination - we are to cast down vain imaginations. The God-opposing imaginations I encounter are suspicion and terror. We are to take captive our thoughts to the obedience of Jesus. Being free and being captive doesn't seem to mesh. But as can be seen, the reckless imaginations that attack and attach to my mind are what really puts me in chains. The sane and peaceful imagination I gain when under Christ's thought pattern consists of that which is lovely, excellent and good. It ultimately frees me to live abundantly in the deep magic of faith in the flawless promise and presence of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile..